Bezienswaardigheid en historisch monument
The hospice built in 1178 by Guillaume de Blois, archbishop of Sens served as a refuge for the poor and a resting place for pilgrims who joined the road to Saint-Jacques de Compostelle.
The main room is vaulted by a series of three cradles resting on large square pillars. The whole is simple but very harmonious.
It is one of the few Hotels-Dieu remaining in Seine et Marne, although partially destroyed in the 18th century. The repetition of the niches in the sick room proves to us that the place was originally larger. On the ceiling, roll vaults are similar to those in Tournus.
The Hotel-Dieu de Chateau-Landon became in 1840 a school for girls then a school of Stereotomy (Stereotomy is the art of cutting and assembling stone-cut pieces).
Currently under construction, you will be able to watch a film on the Hotel-Dieu at the Maison de la Pierre, 1 rue Albert Ouvre, every Saturday from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. or by appointment.
In 1986, the Hotel-Dieu was listed as a Historic Monument.